Sage have released a set of 3 videos spotlighting changes they expect to introduce in Sage 100 Payroll 2.0 which is slated for release with Sage 100 2018.
With this update, Sage brings payroll to business framework standards which means many underlying data tables will be updated and standard reports become customizable with the use of Crystal Reports.
All features shown below are subject to change until final release.
Sage 100 Payroll 2.0 Setup
- Can now begin processing the next payroll quarter without closing the last
- Benefit codes are now referred to as time off
- All time off descriptions can be changed (previously only 3rd)
- Can reset time off limits based on employee anniversary date
Sage 100 Payroll 2.0 Employee Maintenance
- Employee name up to 40 characters
- Up to 25 character middle name
- Up to 4 character suffix
- The main tab adds second phone number, extension, and phone type drop box along with primary number checkbox
- New medical coverage fields which are stored in a calendar year history file
- Up to 9 separate pay rates
Sage 100 Payroll 2.0 – New Payroll Setup Wizard
- Setup multiple state and tax jurisdictions
- Time Off replaces Benefits terminology
- Reset time off at end of benefit year or employee anniversary date
- Deductions can prompt to recalculate all deductions or only automatic deductions
- Payroll history now retained at least 4 years
- eFiling check history retained at least 4 years