No matter how fast your computer system hardware may be there is always room for improvement. One way that Sage 100 users have found to improve the speed of their accounting software is by excluding certain Sage 100 files from scanning by antivirus software.
Be sure you consider all anti-virus and malware applications. In at least one case we’ve had a user who added exclusions ( as suggested by Sage below ) and found that Windows Defender was also running on the server and once exclusions were added to Windows Defender their slow speed problems vanished.
Sage has a published list of the files and file extensions which may normally be excluded from scanning by antivirus software.
Since these file extensions are specific to Sage 100 there is a small risk of infection which leads Sage to recommend their exclusion.
There is a Sage knowledge article available online – How to exclude Sage 100 from antivirus scans.
The article recommends the following antivirus expulsions which may speed up the processing of Sage 100.
In general these exclusions should happen on both the server and workstation.
Consider testing by temporarily disabling your antivirus product to see if this improves performance: speed, file locking problems encountered, error messages, etc.
If performance improves, exclude the Sage 100 programs, folders, and file extensions from your Antivirus program:
In your Antivirus product ( To ensure you have the latest info please verify the list below against this official Sage KB article prior to making changes ):
- Disable any aggressive or continuous (also known as on-access, constant, or real-time, or “network scanning“) monitoring or scanning of Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS 90 or 200) programs if they exist:
- Exclude the “..\MAS90” directory and sub-directories and contents on the server where Sage 100 is installed.
- Note: Do the same for the workstations, if using Sage 100 Advanced or Premium editions (formerly Sage MAS 200 and Sage MAS 200 SQL editions)
- Exclude the following file extensions:
- AUC, DCL, DD, DDE, DDF, EXP, LCK, LIB, KDF, M4D, M4L, M4P, M4T, M4X, PRM, PVC, PVX, RPT, SOA, XEQ
- Spa.NA.Com must be a trusted site
Note: It is okay to run nightly scans when users are out.
We advise that you consult with your IT staff prior to making any exclusions. Never disable your antivirus or malware scanners without understanding the risks involved.