On occasion the Activity Log for Sage 100 can grow to a size where it slows down system performance or even produces errors. With version 4.4 and earlier there was no automated way to reinitialize this activity log.
Sage have recently updated the expected release dates for enhancements which will bring their Sage 100 ERP software into compatibility with the new ACA (Affordable Care Act) requirements.
As you may know, effective in 2015, employers with 50 or more full time employees (or a combination of part time and full time equivalent (FTE) employees to 50 full time employees) will be subject to the Employer Shared Responsibility provisions.
Employers will be required to track information around employee & dependent coverage by month and the number of full time employees for reporting purposes. This is something we urge you to speak with your financial adviser about right away.
The following versions of Sage 100 ERP payroll will be enhanced to support ACA provisions on the following timetable:
- 2014 PU5 – Released March 30, 2015 – Search KB 60428 to download & install 2014 PU5
- 2015 PU1 – Released April 7, 2015 – Search KB 60763 to download & install 2015 PU1
- 2013 PU9 – June 29, 2015
- 4.50 PU8 – June 29, 2015
In order for ACA reporting to function within Sage 100 ERP you must select to Retain Perpetual Payroll History within your payroll options. Also please note that only the above noted versions will be supported. Earlier Sage 100 ERP versions will not receive any update to comply with ACA.
Are you considering hosting your Sage 100 ERP software someplace other than your company servers?
Cloud computing involves deploying (or more commonly renting) groups of remote servers and software networks that allow centralized data storage and online access to computer services or resources.
Clouds can be classified as
- public (Amazon EC2, Rackspace Cloud) – cloud infrastructure operated for the benefit of many groups, typically you share servers and computing resources
- private – cloud infrastructure maintained solely for the benefit of one organization, typically dedicated servers and computing resources
- hybrid – a combination of public and private – typically using more than one service provider
Some of the benefits of hosting Sage 100 outside of your company include:
- Backups are included and performed automatically for you
- Power and facilities are managed and usually have some level of redundancy
- Access your data from any web connected computer
- One price for all licensing, maintenance and management
- Improved security
What To Look For In A Sage 100 ERP Cloud Host
Unless you have a very basic need for only the core Sage 100 ERP modules you’ll probably want to consider:
- Does your host allow you to run not only Sage 100 ERP but also common add-ons (Starship, Scanforce, Crystal Reports, etc) – the most basic hosting providers, including Sage themselves, may not?
- Does your host have experience with setup and configuration of Sage 100 ERP – as well as the most common add-ons?
- Does the monthly price include your Sage 100 ERP licenses and maintenance?
- Who performs the Sage 100 ERP upgrades? Some hosts include this while others may request you use a separate consulting firm to manage the upgrade
- How many other users will be on the server (if not private)? The less resources on a shared server the slower your accounting software may operate.
- What is the contract commitment (if any)?
- What is the guaranteed response time to restore important files – both on a routine and emergency basis
- Is Microsoft Office included in the hosting price? If not how much extra is the productivity tool per month?
- How long as the provided been hosting Sage ERP products?
- What other products are being hosted on the same server(s)?
Prior to moving your Sage 100 ERP off-site you should also consider the stability of your office internet connection. If you have a connection that is unstable or very slow you may find cloud hosting won’t work for you. Since most companies have fairly reliable (and fast) internet connections there is seldom a concern about connectivity except for in the most remote of areas.
How Much Will Sage 100 ERP Hosting Cost ?
Prices for hosting vary. On the very low end you could pay as little as $ 25/mo (Amazon) for a “bring your own Sage 100 ERP ” setup which includes a desktop with remote access but you install and configure Sage 100 ERP yourself. Pricing for the Sage’s own hosting starts at $159 though Sage hosting does not allow for any customization of your ERP and few (if any) third party integrations. What Sage’s hosting does allow for is an inexpensive bundle of the Sage 100 ERP licenses along with hosting. For this reason the Sage option is usually best for smaller companies who don’t need customization and have 3 or fewer users.
Moving outside the “do-it-yourself” host (Amazon) and Sage’s basic hosting – expect to pay $ 150 – $200 per month for each user depending upon how the software licenses are initially acquired.
Limited Time Offer:
2 MONTHS FREE ENTERPRISE HOSTING SERVICE
NO SET-UP COSTS
· Receive 2 months FREE Cloud Hosting & Setup
· 30-days of platinum level hosting support during business hours
· Provided as a trial and no hosting contract required
· All Production Servers and Storage required with 1 recovery and 1 fail-over environment
· All Network Hosting Support
· All Microsoft licensing included
· On-boarding, education, testing and go-live support
Cloud hosting services includes Silver and Gold Hosting Support Plans for 1 and 3 Years.
Please contact DSD Business Systems for pricing details at email@example.com.
Sage support has sent an update to all consultants advising them to ensure that “Retain Perpetual Payroll History” is activated within the Sage 100 ERP Payroll module. This option will be used in 2015 in order to meet the 2015 Affordable Care Act. Without enabling perpetual history users may not have the option for ACA reporting from Sage 100 ERP payroll.
To enable perpetual history in Sage 100 ERP navigate to the Payroll – Setup – Payroll Options. On the main tab ensure that “Retain Perpetual Payroll History” is checked.
Would you like to store documents related to your:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Inventory Management
- Purchase Order
- Sales Order
With InstaDocs for Sage 100 ERP you can. You’ll be able to store, view, access, search, and share important documents that relate to specific records in Sage 100 ERP, such as Customers, Vendors, Items, Bill of Materials, Work Orders, Sales Orders, Jobs and Employees.
Join us for a free webinar on Friday September 12, 2014 at 1pm ET to learn more about this exciting new enhancement.
Here’s a Brief InstaDocs Demo Filmed At Sage Summit 2014
Join our free webinar Friday September 12, 2014 – 1pm ET