If you are using Avalara integrated to Sage 100 then you may have run into this error message on one or more of your workstations.
One or more Avatax objects could not be created. The Avalara Avatax adapter.dll must be registered to continue
This error should only occur on Sage 100 Standard as both Advanced and Premium will use the components from the server.
Here’s how to fix the problem.
On the local workstation you must be an Administrator or the needed DLL files might not register.
First, copy the .\mas90\Avatax folder from the server to the local c:\ of the workstation you are receiving the error on.
- Copy and paste these three files from c:\avatax into the local c:\windows\sysWOW64
- I copy all three of these files
Edit the register_for_com.bat file in the c:\avatax folder and stick a PAUSE at the end so you can read the results or it will be difficult to know for sure if your DLL registers.
To manually register the file:
- Open the c:\AvaTax folder on each workstation, and then right-click and run as administrator register_for_com.bat
- MUST HAVE FULL ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS ON THE COMPUTER
- Link to manual: https://www.dsdinc.com/enh/downloads/LMAV700.pdf
Once you’ve done this your Sage 100 should no longer have an error message related to “One or more Avatax objects could not be created. The Avalara Avatax adapter.dll must be registered to continue”.
If the above did not work (a) be sure you’re a local administrator and (b) review the batch file progress which is possible by editing and adding a “PAUSE” command at the end of the bat.
If you are on a 64-bit OS – be sure you copied the three files mentioned above into c:\windows\sysWOW64
If you don’t have a c:\windows\sysWOW64 then use c:\windows\system32