Sage just posted an internal webinar announcement for “See what’s new in the next Sage 100 & Sage 100c & Sage Fixed Assets 2018 Releases” for their partners. The webinar is scheduled for October 11, 2017 with the product availability first schedule for October 20, 2017
(NOTE: In some cases Sage provides partners with the new release in advance of customers so this release date may be variable for end users although I expect by the end of October most will have access to the update).
New features listed:
– Redesign of Job Cost and Payroll to bring them both up to framework
– Spell checking in several areas (comments, memos and messages that print on forms) – 100c feature ONLY
– Inactive and restricted statuses for warehouses – 100c feature only
– Sage mobility for barcode to optimize import record capabilities from a mobile app
Sage Fixed Assets:
– Workflow updates to help support quick and easy ways to manage your business
– Tax compliance updates that can eliminate end-of-year anxiety for tax preparations
– Tracking mobile barcode scanner app for Android to bring modernization to our tracking module
– If you’re not already using Sage 100c you should make plans to migrate. In some instances Sage may have promotions to make the transition equal to or the same price as your Sage 100 maintenance.
– Stay current! Sage is moving quickly in what versions they support. In my view you should now be upgrading annually in order to take advantage of all the features that you are paying a subscription form. Many consultant can offer off-hours conversion so that you experience little – if any – downtime during upgrade.