The information below is unverified (my client is still in the midst of testing the resolution). You should only perform the steps if you’re comfortable “messing around” with operating system level commands. Be sure you have a full backup prior to starting.
Update October 2011:
Most of this post is superseded by the following two links:
Versions 4.5 and higher of Sage 100 ERP should automatically install the proper paperless drivers. When installing the paperless drivers be sure to change the Sage PDF Printer port to be a local one (NOT LPT1) and create a local port name to attach it to (usually we pick sage as the port name).
Should you get stuck with this issue we can assist our customers who are under a Schulz Support plan or if you are not under plan please view these Sage 100 ERP support options.
NOTE: The following information is largely superseded by the two links shown above. Please follow the links above before attempting to use the information below
There’s unfortunately no official Sage support for having Paperless Office PDF printing work on 64 Bit operating systems with Sage 100 ERP versions earlier than 4.30
One situation that a client encountered recently was an apparent inability to install the MAS 90 Paperless Office PDF Converter to Windows 2008 64 Bit edition. Each time we attempted to run the Extended Solution PDF setup (Library Master – Main – Company Maintenance – Email Tab – Advanced) – we would be greeted with “Unable to initialize PDF viewer”.
Upon closer inspection we could see that the install routine did not appear to place the PDF writer into the printers folder on the server. One theory is that we perhaps needed a 64 bit version of the Amyuni PDF drivers.
Note: We are still testing this solution and still cannot report that this resolves every (or any) case of problems installing the Extended Solutions PDF writer to a 64 bit operating system. The instructions below are meant to only be used with a 64 Bit OS where all other normal installations have been unsuccessful.
We have had one report that downloading this driver and installing it will resolve issues with installing Paperless Office under Windows 7 64-bit.
Again, these solutions are all workarounds people have reported using and not supported by Sage or guaranteed to work in every situation.
Install MAS90 Extended Solutions PDF Writer Manually to Windows 2008 64 Bit
1. Right-click on your Desktop, and select New > Folder. Name the folder ‘Amyuni 64bit Driver’.
2. Click here to download and save the file to the ‘Amyuni 64bit Driver’ folder on your Desktop.
3. Unzip the contents of the zip file into the ‘Amyuni 64bit Driver’ folder.
4. Enter amyuni when prompted for a password.
5. Double-click the Install.exe file located in the ‘Amyuni 64bit Driver’ to begin the driver installation process. An Amyuni Document Converter will open, displaying the current progress.
6. Once the installation is complete, click the OK button in the Amyuni Document Converter window.
7. Verify that the PDF driver was installed correctly:
In Windows XP: Click on Start > Printers and Faxes. You should see a printer called ‘Amyuni Document Converter’.
In Windows Vista: Click the Windows button and select Printers.
8. Right click the ‘Amyuni Document Converter’, select Rename, and rename the printer to Extended Solutions PDF Converter.
If any of the above links do not work – try following the link below to the source of this post.
Note: Sage does not officially endorse or support this solution. Use at your own risk and do not expect that Sage will debug this unless they issue a future updated support position.