If you are using Sage 100 with lot/serial valuation and the conversion time to Sage 100 v2020.1 seems extensive then you should download the latest patch from Sage which can significantly speed inventory conversion.
This fix is ONLY applicable for Inventory data conversions to Sage 100 version 2020 product update 1.
The reason for this is that the product update 1 release added functionality to enable lot serial number tracing when an item of that valuation was used in a Bill of Material production entry.
Inventory Management Functionality Added to Sage 100 v2020.1
- Ability to Trace Item Use by Lot and Serial Number
- A Where Used button has been added to the Lot/Serial Inquiry window accessed from the Main menu or from Item Maintenance
- Additional changes have been made to the Lot/Serial Inquiry window accessed from the Main menu
- The item code and description now appear on the main window instead of in the list box
- If a lot or serial number has more than one item associated with it, the Item List window automatically opens so that you can select an item
- The item code has also been removed from the Search for Lot/Serial Transactions window
- The Zoom button has been renamed History Inquiry
- When you click the OK button, the information displayed in the window is cleared, and you can select a different lot or serial number
- Customer Recall Report has been added to the Reports menu, and it can be accessed from Lot/Serial Inquiry when the task is accessed from the Main menu
- A Print Where-Used Items check box has been added to the Lot Serial Transaction History Report