If you’ve updated to the latest Sage 100 2018 Payroll – also referred to as Sage Payroll 2.0 – and you are receiving a message “A Payroll tax update is in process. Please try again in a few minutes” when you open payroll, here is the fix.
Note: Always create a backup copy of any file which you are modifying with utilities. Use of Sage file utilities can cause issues if the steps are not followed. Consult with your Sage partner prior to attempting this.
Change SyncStatus field to ‘1’ in PR_SPASyncControl.m4t file using Data File Display and Maintenance
- Have everyone else exit Sage100
- Open Library Master, Utilities, Data File Display and Maintenance. Select ‘OK’ to warning message
- Select folder icon to the right of the File Name field and select …\MAS90\MAS_System\PR_SPASyncControl.m4t
- Select Open
- Select Edit
- Select ‘2 – SyncStatus (numeric)’ from the Field Number dropbox field
- Enter: ‘1’, in Change field
- Select OK
- Exit Data File Display and Maintenance
- Open Payroll, Utilities, Payroll Tax Update
- Select Proceed
- Click OK