The Sage 100 knowledgebase offers this advice for removing a credit card from a customer account:
- Open Accounts Receivable, Main menu, Customer Maintenance
- For Customer No., select the customer
- Click the Additional tab
- If deleting Primary Credit Card, highlight the Card ID and press the Delete key
- For non-primary cards click Credit Cards button to open Customer Credit Card Maintenance
- Select the Card ID from the lookup
- Click Delete (if the Delete button is not available, the card is the Primary Card)
- Close the Customer Credit Card Maintenance window
- Back in Customer Maintenance, click Accept
I have discovered another reason the delete button may be grayed out.
Why Is The Delete Button Grayed Out When Attempting To Remove A Customer Credit Card?
If you are attempting the deletion from a user account without the Sage 100 user rights to REMOVE a customer, then you will also see the DELETE button as grayed out until you assign the appropriate Sage 100 rights as shown below.
The user must be assigned to at least one role where the REMOVE option is checked or they will see a grayed out delete button when trying to delete a customer credit card – even if they follow all the instructions above.