Is your Sage 100 speed slower than you’d like? In many cases we have seen this issue after a system upgrade. Often the root cause is not Sage 100 itself (or the upgrade) but one of the following:
- Check Anti-Virus: Exclude these files on both your server (Important Note: Some versions of anti-virus don’t let you exclude server scans and may require that you update your anti-virus to an enterprise or professional edition – check with your IT staff).
- Exclude this folder on the server
- Exclude these file extensions from scanning – both on the server and the workstation
- DCL, DD, DDE, DDF, LIB, M4L, M4P, M4T, PRM, PVC, PVX, RPT, SOA, XEQ
- Are you on a virtual server?
- Allocate sufficient memory and processing cores
- Whatever the present memory and cores allocated are – increase them temporarily and test performance
- Adjust malware scanners to temporarily remove aggressive scanning within the ..\MAS90 folder
- Check the Sage 100 Supported Platforms for your particular version of Sage 100 to ensure you have enough memory on both server and workstation
Slow Sage 100 Speed On VMWARE Virtual Server?
- Install ‘VMWare Tools’ on Sage 100 Server
- Reboot Server
- Install ‘VMXNET 3’ virtual network adapter and make active adapter
NOTE: Consult Network Administrator to ensure changes will not affect other application running on Server.
Concerned About Network Speed Influencing Sage 100 Performance?
Try this free utility to measure the speed of your network. This will let you verify that a slow overall network is not to blame for the underlying speed problems with Sage 100.
A Final Note About Sage 100 Upgrades And Changes In Speed
When you are upgrading to a different server or server location (which is almost always) be aware that the file exclusions for anti-virus scans for your old implementation of Sage 100 probably need to be redone with the new Sage 100 location in mind.
In some cases you’ll find that slower hardware or network interface cards (NIC) might be the culprit. In most cases we are finding Anti-virus and malware scanners are the cause. Check with your Sage partner for assistance on further diagnosing the issue or contact us for Sage 100 support.