Wondering how you can upgrade and test your company’s Starship shipping software during your Sage 100 ERP upgrade? What I’ve found is that there are some parts (such as the Starship program) which can (and should) be upgraded in advance. And other parts such as the Starship Link which cannot be upgraded or tested in advance of your go live day.
Here’s what I find:
a. Starship server/workstation program pretty much has to be upgraded independently and in advance of Sage 100 upgrade. I say this because you don’t want to be debugging the latest Starship while also upgrading Sage 100.
b. There’s not really a way to test Starship integration to the new version prior to going live with an upgrade because:
1. You must call Starship/V-Tech to have them turn on the new Sage 100 version (they do it via the web)
2. Once turned on this connector presumably won’t work with the older versions.
3. If you do this before go live for testing you’ll shut down current Starship processing
In advance of Sage 100 upgrade
– upgrade Starship program to latest (info)
On go live
– Upgrade to latest Starship Link (have this handy because V-Tech does NOT post anything publicly on their site)
– Call V-Tech and ask that they enable the new version of Sage 100 link in their system
– Pull this down on the Starship server
1. Exit out of all StarShip clients
2. Run StarShip Server Manager
3. Click Tools > “Check for Registration/Data Updates”
4.. New financial system should be available to select in Starship