Sage MAS90 Fixed Assets becomes Sage Fixed Assets FAS 100.
Say that 10 times fast.
From what we can tell this primarily enhances the value for most Fixed Asset users:
– Same underlying product (no change to screens)
– Up to 10,000 assets (was 1,500)
– Up to 3 users (was unlimited)
– Multi-user (which I think it was before)
– Crystal Report writer (which I don’t think was included before but unsure)
The Fixed Assets we have implemented have been mostly trouble free.
UPDATE: Read the Sage FAQ about this change (December 2011)
In the past one big question was why customers had to pay extra to get a single user NETWORK version of Fixed Assets. The underlying technology was apparently such that Sage actually had to ship a different database or code structure.
Sage also charged extra (now included) for Crystal Reporting.
Now some (all) of that appears to be getting ironed out.