Sage North America have released their IRD (Interim Release Disk) which contain year end program changes for Accounts Payable and Payroll modules. These changes add functionality to the ERP system which allow for processing according to updated federal and state government regulations concerning 1099, W-2 and other tax forms.
The IRD contains year end program changes for AP and PR and common files for the following versions:
- Sage ERP MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.40
- Sage ERP MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.40 with PU 1
- Sage ERP MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.40 with PU 2
- Sage ERP MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.40 with PU 3
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.30 with SU 17
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.30 with SU 18
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.30 with SU 19
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.30 with SU 20
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.20
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.10
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.05
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 Versions 4.00
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 SQL Versions 3.74
- Sage MAS 90 / 200 SQL Versions 3.73
Payroll Update 2nd Quarter
If you have installed the Product Update 3 for version 4.40 these changes have been included in the final released product.
A download with payroll updates for Federal 941 2nd quarter 2010 was made available via the website. This payroll update included adding a new data table, program and form changes to adhere to the Federal requirements under the 2010 Hire Act used for reporting employer exemptions for qualified employees. If you have installed the Product Update 3 for version 4.40 these changes have been included in the final released product.
Some changes included in the Payroll Update.
- Qualified (W-11) checkbox added to employee maintenance.
- PR_QExxx.soa data table.
- Update and 941 program change logic.
- 2010 2nd QTR 941 form change logic.
Note: For details refer to PR3035-KBA available on
Electronic Reporting for MAS90 and MAS200
- 1099 Electronic Reporting has been modified according to the Internal Revenue Service’s 2010 Publication 1220.
- W2 Electronic Reporting has been modified according to the SSA 2010 Specifications for Filing Form W-2 Electronically.
Qualified Employee Worksheet and Report
- A Qualified Employee Worksheet and Report has been installed to the reports directory. This report is a visual display of the PR_QExxx.soa table that was created to capture data for reporting of qualified employees.
- The report only displays for employees that have been selected as Qualified in employee maintenance.
- The amounts on this report do not reflect the FICA limits.
- The number of qualified employees per quarter is calculated at runtime. This number is not retained in a data file when printing the 941.
To download the latest Sage MAS90 and MAS200 IRD visit the Sage Software Online Support Site (valid maintenance subscription and login required)