Phantom users appear in Sage 100 ERP. This can result in “file in use” or locking type messages.
IMPORTANT: In many cases these locking messages might be valid. Be sure you have the users exit completely from Sage 100 — NOT just to the main launcher.
If the phantom task and the workstation are identifiable in Master Console:
1. At the workstation, close Sage 100 ERP.
2. Open Windows Task Manager.
3. End any PVXWIN32 processes.
If the phantom task and the workstation are not identified, or if the workstation is not accessible:
1. Have all users exit Sage 100 ERP.
2. At the server, right click the Computer icon, and click Manage.
3. In the left pane, open Shared Folders and Open Files. All files currently used by the server appear in the right pane.
4. Right click any files that have the Sage 100 ERP directory in the path, and click Close Open File.