In April of 2016 Sage introduced a new payroll subscription plan (effective beginning May 1, 2016) for Sage 100 and Sage 100c payroll users.
This plan (subscription) replaced the fixed annual maintenance on payroll with a subscription priced by the number of active employees. As a company’s Sage 100 maintenance expired they were offered the opportunity to enroll in a payroll subscription which was in addition to the regular Sage 100 maintenance.
Sage began accepting enrollment in the payroll subscription as customers began renewing on or after May 1, 2016.
By April 30, 2017 Sage had said all payroll customers would need to be enrolled in one of the following subscription plans or their payroll software would begin warning them about not having a valid payroll subscription .
Sage recently announced their April 30, 2017 deadline has been extended and the new payroll subscription deadline is August 1, 2017.
Customers must be on a new payroll option by August 1, 2017
• Please contact your Sage business partner or Sage sales representative to select a new payroll option and to get set up with the correct subscription tier.
• If you are on Sage 100 versions 2015.5+, 2016.2+, or 2017 and you are connected to the Internet, you do not need to do anythingg. The software will retrieve your new expiration date from our server automatically.
• If you are on Sage 100 versions 2015.3, 2014.4, or 2016.1, please reference KB article 83158 in Related resources and apply this patch. Once installed and connected to the Internet, your expiration date will update automatically.
• If you are not on one of these supported Sage 100 versions, you can continue to se your Payroll module, but no future updates will be released for those versions.
• If you do not have Internet access, please contact your Sage business partner or Sales representative.