The ability to accept multiple payment methods within Sage 100 is an important option for keeping and attracting customers.
Sage 100 has always supported cash payments against invoices but this requires that you wait for your customer to mail in a check which can cause delays and cash-flow problems.
With later releases, the ability to accept credit cards is built into the software. Without requiring any additional module to provide the ability to process card transactions.
Sage 100cloud natively supports the following types of credit card transactions from within Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud.
When fully integrated to a credit card processor Sage 100cloud can process these types of credit card transactions:
- eposit against sales orders
- Pre-authorize an order amount prior to shipping
- Process cash receipts by credit card
- Create a credit memo to refund an amount back on the same credit card
How your customers can pay you directly from an emailed invoice directly
The Sage 100cloud paperless office capability enables you to send invoices directly to customers via email as a PDF attachment.
While this can greatly save on the cost of postage it might not speed your time for collecting payment.
Sage 100cloud supports several credit card providers. One popular credit card option is APS Payments.
About APS Payments Sage 100cloud Credit Card Processing
Tokenized credit card data simplifies PCI Compliance
• Daily, automatic batch reporting
• Level 3 Processing
• Multi-currency capable
• ClickToPay integrated invoice portal
• ACH and ClickToPay Direct
• No installation, maintenance, or setup fees
• 24/7 live support
APS Payments integrates fully to Sage 100cloud, utilizes a secure payment vault and also allows for level 3 processing.
When APS Payments has been installed as your credit card processor you’ll also be able to configure the delivery of emailed invoices to also include a special link that your customer can click and submit a credit card payment.
Tip: How to setup credit card processing for Sage 100cloud
Here’s how emailed Sage 100cloud invoices can be configured for APS ClickToPay
Once you’ve decided to allow customers to pay your invoices from email you need two primary things:
- Select APS Payments as your processor
- Enable APS ClickToPay from within company maintenance (available for version 2013+)
Once installed (see this link for a copy of the guide there is an option within the company maintenance screen to enable APS ClickToPay.
Then you only need to modify your paperless office invoices to add a link for the customer to click and pay your invoices upon receipt in their email.
Do this by modifying your Crystal Reports invoice form. There are two included samples to use as guides.
APS ClickToPay adds three fields to your Sage 100cloud Crystal Worktables
- D531_C2PLinkCode which identifies the invoice to the gateway. Not normally used in forms, but included for special reporting.
- D531_C2PUrlLink which contains the full URL to link for the invoice on the gateway. This field is the one the customer will click on and is therefore critical.
- D531_C2PCustomer which allows you to suppress the URL if the customer is opted out of APS ClickToPay.
The guide (copy here) walks you through the setup of the form, including how to suppress the button should you have customers that you do NOT want to offer the APS ClickToPay option.
The ability means that you could implement APS ClickToPay for every one of your customers or you could implement it only for customers who requested it (and opt-out the remainder). The choice is yours.
DSD InstaDocs Adds Ability for Paperless Office to Send PDF Attachments With Sage 100cloud Invoices
An update to the popular DSD InstaDocs enhancement for Sales Order allows you to send Paperless Office invoice emails along with any file attachments specific to that invoice.
Perfect for safety sheets, warranty information or anything additional you might need to send along with an invoice as an attachment.
Sage 100cloud Credit Card Processing Resources
APS ClickToPay Setup and Configuration
DSD InstaDocs for Sage 100cloud Sales Order Data Sheet
Request more information on Sage 100cloud credit card integration here