If your MAS90 or MAS200 check printing is unexpectedly interrupted you may upon re-entering AP or PR receive the following error message:
“Check printing in progress”, “other check printing in progress”,”bank code in use by another task” error message in AP or PR
Here is how to resolve it:
When trying to print check you may receive the “Check Printing In Progress” error message when in fact there are no checks printing.
This error message will not allow you to proceed any further.
To resolve this issue, first verify that nobody is printing in either Payroll or Accounts Payable.
MAS 90 3.61+
1. From the main menu, select File / Run type “GLWSKA” then click ‘OK’
2. A Clear Check Printing Flag Utility appears
3. Enter the Bank Code receiving the “in progress” message and click ‘Proceed’.
4. Review the warning message and click ‘YES’
5. When the Clear Check Printing Flag Utility appears again, the flag has been cleared.
MAS 90 3.30 to 3.60:
1. Open Library Master / Utilities / Data File Display and Maintenance.
2. Review the warning message and click ‘OK’.
3. In the ‘File Name’ field, type GLWxxx (xxx represents the 3 digit company code) and press ENTER.
4. Click the ‘Key Scan’ button.
5. Select the correct Bank Code record from the Key Scan list.
6. After selecting the bank code, click the ‘Edit’ button.
7. At the Field Number (or Variable Index) prompt, type: 1 and press ENTER
8. At the Starting Position prompt, type: 60 (sometimes you have to put in the start and field length – in this example 60,1 would be entered if prompted for xx,yy) and press ENTER
9. At the Length prompt, type: 1 (disregard if you put this in at the xx,yy prompt referenced in step #8) and press ENTER
10. The ‘Change’ field will have an A, P, M or O in it. Remove this letter from the ‘Change’ field by pressing the Space bar or highlighting the value and pressing ‘Delete’. Click ‘OK’ or ENTER to close the edit window.
11. Exit out of Data File Display and Maintenance and try printing checks again
Have other questions regarding this issue?
Use our contact form below: