Sage just released an important update for users of Sage 100 Paperless Office. This update is available for Sage 100 2019, Sage 100 2020, and Sage 100 2021.
After Windows updates, users may have seen errors such as:
- Sage 100 PDF Converter prompts for a path to create the PDF
- Sage 100 opens a “Output File Name” window and suggests a file name of “Crystal Reports – .pdf” when printnig to Paperless PDF
- Sage 100 prompts for ‘File name’ when printing to Paperless Office
- Sage 100 Paperless Office displays “Save As” window to create PDFs
- Sage 100 Paperless Office (Sage 100 PDF Converter) stops responding when trying to create PDF
- No response when printing to Paperless Office (Journals & Registers, Forms, Reports)
- Receive message “PDF document was not created successfully”
- Receive “Printer not activated -30” error message when printing to Paperless Office or creating PDFs via Paperless Office
It seemed that Microsoft Windows updates were updating the AMYUNI PDF driver to a version that was causing Sage to report either a Printer Error -30 or prompt for a location to save the paperless office documents.
Both of these issues were the result of Windows Updates. To resolve this Sage has updated the AMYUNI PDF driver to a version that shouldn’t continue to be modified by Windows updates.
To download the fix please visit the Sage knowledgebase here. In addition, you may wish to refer to this Sage KB article which outlines a way to manually remove the AMYUNI PDF driver which may be required if paperless error messages continue to recur.