If you are working in Sage 100 or Sage 100cloud and encounter the message “Data is not selected for report printing” while trying to print a form or a report then you should look at this Sage knowledgebase article.
This comprehensive article lists 30 different reasons for the “Data is not selected” message as well as links to specific knowledge articles which can help you resolve any problems.
In some cases you may be recieving the message because there truly is no dataa to print ( if , say, your Sales Order has the “print picking sheet” box UN-checked ).
However, there are some other reasons that Sage outlines where you can also run into this issue unexpectedly and the steps to take to resolve the problem and get your Sage 100 form or report printing as expected.
Some issues that this article covers include:
- Report settings have been filtered such that there are no eligible records
- Corrupted, damaged, or missing SY_ReportEngine.pvc file
- Report Settings for one Sage 100 user have changed
- Previously known issue that has been patched in latest updates
- Return of Goods Entry print box not checked
- Data Corruption
- Blank Records in the Masterfile that need to be deleted
- E-mail PDF Delivery Option is not selected for vendor
- Print Invoices checkbox not checked in AR or SO Invoice Defaults
- Damaged User profile
- “Default Special Items to Drop Ship” selected in SO Options
- Using MultiBin and there are items not distributed to bins
- Line items on Sales Order are Backordered or Quantity Ordered is zero (0)
- SO_SalesOrderPrint.m4t data file may be corrupted
- SY_ReportOption.m4t file contains corrupted values after upgrading to version 2015
- Bank Reconciliation and Accounts Payable module not Integrated
- E-mail was not selected for customer in Paperless setup
- History files have been removed due to Years to Retain options
- Need to Rebuild Sort Files for Work Order module
- Module code was incorrectly entered
- Prospect does not have a Customer ID
- Reported issue which Sage Engineering is Currently Reviewing
For a full list of the issues related to this printing message please visit the Sage knowledgebase here – Error: “Data is not selected for Report Printing”