Sage have released an update for Payroll users which includes the latest form changes for the IRS Form 941 for 2012.
This update is compatible with the following versions of Sage 100 ERP (MAS 90 and 200):
- 4.50.0.00 – 220.127.116.11 (already included with 18.104.22.168)
- 22.214.171.124 – 126.96.36.199 (already included with 188.8.131.52)
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
Sage have published instructions on how you may install this yourself – (pdf)
IMPORTANT NOTE – READ BEFORE INSTALLING UPDATE:
Two members of my 90 Minds Consulting Group have found that they received an error message – 941A.rpt:Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details:[Database Vendor Code: 1021}- I too received this message when installing to a Sage ERP MAS 90 4.40.4 customer system. One thing I believe may have precipitated the error is that two users were in the MAS90 system (it does not seem to matter where they are because both where shown as at the launcher).
Prior to installing have EVERYONE exit MAS90. If the error occurs it does NOT appear you can fix it by having everyone log out and reinstalling. Rather you will need to copy already updated PR*.DD files from another same version # of MAS90 (meaning files from a system where the 941 update has been applied) to the \MAS90\DDICTS folder.
If you are on version 4.2 or earlier you will either need to upgrade to 4.3+ – or work some magic to install the 941 updates:
WORKAROUND FOR v4.20 OR EARLIER ONLY
Tip: BEFORE you copy over any files – MAKE A BACKUP. You are solely responsible for any potential damage to your system caused by failing to backup. We have not tested this extensively on prior unsupported versions of MAS and make no promises that the instructions below will work for you on an unsupported version of MAS.
Install the 941 Form update on a Sage 100 ERP 4.30+ system.
1. Complete all payroll entries and update.
2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to ..\MAS90\Reports\.
3. Rename the following files in the ..\###-###\ and ..\###-xxx\ folders (where xxx = company code):
a. PR941A.rpt (example: PR941A.rpt.2011)
b. PR941P.rpt (example: PR941P.rpt.2011)
4. Copy the pr941a.rpt and pr941p.rpt (from your 4.3 setup that you created just to get these files) to the version 4.20 (or earlier) \Reports###-xxx folder and copy prwrtc and prwrta.lib from 4.3+ (setup you created )— to the \PR folder.
The folder that you are copying from and to should be similar in location since Sage’s folder structure also requires a \MAS90 folder for the install of Sage 100.