Several users have experienced an issue with “Error #0: Record/File Busy” when trying to update a Sage 100 register.
This message appears suddenly and it seems related to Microsoft’s March 8, 2022—KB5011503 (OS Build 17763.2686) security patch.
The resolution is fairly simple. You should add Sage 100 File\Folder exclusions to Microsoft Defender (Security) on the Sage 100 Application Server.
The following are the files to exclude from Microsoft Defender scanning:
In your Antivirus product ( Sage KB # 45806 ):
- Disable any aggressive or continuous (also known as on-access, constant, real-time, or “network scanning“) monitoring or scanning of Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS 90 or 200) programs if they exist:
- Exclude the “..\MAS90” directory and sub-directories and contents on the server where Sage 100 is installed.
- Note: Do the same for the workstations, if using Sage 100 Advanced or Premium editions (formerly Sage MAS 200 and Sage MAS 200 SQL editions) – default workstation install location is: C:\Sage\Sage 100 Workstation\.
- On Sage 100cloud workstations, including Standard, there are local folders created for Sage 100: exclude the Crystal Reports install (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects) and Common Components folder (Sage 100 2019 and earlier = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage. Sage 100 2020 & later = C:\ProgramData\Sage\Common Components).
- On Sage 100cloud workstations exclude the “Sage 100” folder under the Windows user’s Documents folder.
- Exclude the following file extensions:
- AUC, DCL, DD, DDE, DDF, EXP, LCK, LIB, KDF, M4D, M4L, M4P, M4T, M4X, PRM, PVC, PVX, RPT, SOA, XEQ
- Spa.NA.Com must be a trusted site
Note: It is okay to run nightly scans when users are out.
Once you’ve made the changes noted above the Error #0 should not re-appear and posting can proceed normally.