As of May 2023, the most current version of Sage 100 is 2023. The latest version was released in April 2023. The first product update, which typically contains fixes and minor enhancements, is expected around June 2023 and is typically released quarterly.
All versions of Sage 100 support upgrading and converting data from prior releases. In most cases, there is no need to install interim versions as the data can be migrated and converted without stopping at any interim releases.
What New Features Are Included in Sage100 2023?
The top ten noteworthy features in Sage 100 2023 include:
- Beginning with version 2023, Sage 100 has been consolidated into a single product with one set of registration keys. You select the product architecture from Stand-Alone or Client/Server during installation. If you choose Client/Server architecture, you choose between ProvideX or Microsoft SQL Server for your database. There is no additional cost for a different architecture, and you won’t need to obtain separate keys for your chosen architecture.
- The number of years to retain history now defaults to nine years. For those upgrading, this update does NOT affect your existing settings.
- iShip tracking has been replaced by a new tool that uses the respective carrier’s website. USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, and OnTRac are handled automatically, with other carriers managed through Google.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020 is now used ( previously, Crystal Reports 2016 was used by Sage 100 2018-2022).
- ACH Account and Routing Numbers are now masked; only users with the appropriate security may view this information.
- Inactive warehouses may now be hidden
- Show/Hide zero quantities for lot/serial items.
- Multiple enhancements to Inventory Requirements Planning
- Messages about expired Sage licenses may be suppressed depending on the user
- Production Management scheduling features have been enhanced
When Are New Sage 100 Versions Released?
Sage generally releases updates to Sage 100 in the first quarter of each calendar year. These releases are supported for three years. Periodically, product fixes ( aka hotfixes ) or product updates ( bundles of fixes and minor enhancements) may be released to address any issues.
Although the supported versions may stretch to several releases, Sage recently has only released product updates ( bundles of fixes and enhancements ) for the two most current versions of Sage 100.
We have compiled a list of new features which have been added to Sage 100 from version 4.4 to 2023, which serves as a quick look at the top new features in a condensed format.
Current Release Versions of Sage 100
|Version||Release Date||Download Link|
|2023||April 2023||Download Sage 100 2023 Full Product|
List of Top Sage 100 2023 New Features
|2022||April 2022||Sage 100 2022|
Sage 100 2022 Product Update 1
Sage 100 Payroll 2.22.2
|2021||April 2021||Sage 100 v2021|
Sage 100 v2021 Product Update 4
Installation and Upgrade Guide
Release Notes ( Product Fixes )
Additional documentation is available at Sage 100 What’s New Online
Sage 100 Supported Platforms ( Server, Hardware, Memory requirements )
Will Sage 100 Run In The Cloud?
Sage 100 is fully supported, running in many cloud configurations. In most cases, users of Sage 100 will use a third party to assist with the hosting since Sage doesn’t directly host Sage 100. Whether you use AWS, Azure or Sage Partner Cloud, Sage Strategic Hosting, or one of many independent cloud hosting providers – we believe the future of Sage 100 is in the cloud.
Sage 100 is typically run in the cloud via one of three types of cloud hosts:
- Sage Partner Cloud – A Sage partner hosts in Azure
- Sage Strategic Hosting – An established host who is Sage-certified hosts
- General Cloud Hosting – A general cloud hosting partner who may or may not be Sage certified ( ie, Summit Hosting – who sponsors this blog )