Sage Production management was released May 14, 2019. It’s an update/replacement for Sage’s existing Work Order module. Additional functionality such as MRP and manufacturing is scheduled to be added throughout 2019 and into 2020.
Sage is in the process of notifying customers using Sage 100cloud ( subscription ) about this release.
If you are still on a perpetual license with Sage you will receive slightly different pricing.
Although you can download and install Sage Production Management today, there are seven things you should understand prior to installation.
- Once you install Production Management ( PM ) your Work Order module will go into read-only mode for all companies. (Tip: Best to test first in a separate parallel version of Sage 100 )
- Installing Production Management impacts all Sage company codes. For example, you cannot install PM to just company code ABC and continue using Work Order for company XYZ.
- PM does NOT convert Work Order history – and the jury is out on whether it ever will. Read about the differences between Sage 100 Work Order and Production Management.
- MRP is coming but not ready yet – slated for mid-year 2019
- As of December 2019, the DSD / ScanForce multi-Bin Management for Sage 100cloud is compatible with Production Management
- If you own Work Order Sage will automatically trade your Work Order license for 3 Production Management users ( the minimum allowed though you can buy more )
- For those not ready to move to Production Management, expect Work Order to be supported through 2022
For more Sage 100 Production Management information:
Sage Production Management Overview / DataSheet – Download
Sage 100 Production Management Installation Guide – Download
Sage 100 Production Management Program Files – Download
Sage 100 Work Order vs Production Management Comparison – Download