If you’ve been trying to print your 1099 or W-2 forms through the e-Filing feature of Sage 100 and notice that the system displays “DEMO” then you may want to try these steps.
In at least one instance the problem appears to be related to a missing record in the Sage 100 data file SY_FormsEfilingVersion.M4T
In another instance it may be a registration URL which needs to be added as below:
• “Demo Mode” displays at the bottom (next to activate button) of the eFiling form selection window
• “Demo” prints on all eFiling and Reporting forms after installing an update
For Sage 100 Standard or Advanced (won’t work for Sage 100 Premium):
Using Data File Display and Maintenance check the URL associated with the SY_FormsEfilingVersion.M4T:
- Open Library Master, Utilities, Data File Display and Maintenance
- Click Ok to Warning message
- For Filename enter SY_FormsEfilingVersion.M4T and hit Enter
- Got to record 3 SYS <== If this is missing you’ll need to find a version of SY_FormsEfilingVersion.M4T that has the SYS record (copy from another system or ask your partner)
- Verify that 05 RegistrationURL$ says the following:
- If it is not correct click on Edit
- Select field 05 RegistrationURL$
- Enter the information in the Change field
- Exit Data File Display and Maintenance
Here’s a link to the full Sage knowledge article on this topic – #87888
The Federal and State eFiling and Reporting application requires the following:
An active Internet Connection
A current Sage Business Care plan validated by your registration information.
Trusted Sites and Firewall settings must include access to https://update.sage.com/au/services/UpdateService
For additional troubleshooting, see Related Resources.