During a recent conference in San Diego, Sage provided us with an update to their roadmaps for Sage 100 and Sage 100c.
Sage 100c is the subscription-based version of Sage 100. Functionally identical, Sage 100c is the version offered to new customers. Sage is strongly encouraging existing customers to move to 100c. We believe that Sage will continue this push to move their installed base of Sage 100 customers to Sage 100c and therefore recommend the switch for everyone.
As you can C (pun intended) below, the bulk of Sage’s development effort is focused on adding features to the Sage 100c line. Existing users can remain on the Sage 100 perpetual licensing, however, it seems likely that over time the incentives to move to 100c will outweigh the cost of staying on Sage 100.
- Sage 100 = Perpetual license,
- Sage 100c = Subscription license / only version sold to new Sage customers.
Updated Roadmap for Sage 100 and Sage 100c
As you read through these features keep in mind that timing and features are subject to change. Use these as guidelines and not a strict outline of the exact feature/timeline for release.
Sage 100 2017.x
- Product updates and fixes
Sage 100c 2017.x
- Multi-Bin Basic (DSD/Scanforce) – Shipping now (FAQ)
- AP Automation – Not yet released
- eInvoicing – Not yet released
- Budgeting and Planning – Not yet released
- eCommerce – Not yet released
- Auto Bank Feeds – Not yet released
Sage 100 2018.0
- Payroll 2.0
- Job Cost to Framework
- Time Card to Framework
Sage 100c 2018.0
- Inactivate warehouse
- Sage 100 Anywhere
- Paperless Office 365
- Mobile Sales
- Sage CRM Reimagined
- Cloud Backup
Sage 100 2019.x
- Work Order to Framework
- MRP to Framework
Sage 100c 2019.x
- Point 0f Sale