Sage today posted an announcement to its partners that they may begin downloading Sage 100 2016.1 though the program update will not officially be released to users until March 9, 2016.
The Sage 100 2016.1 release new includes both new features and program fixes. The release is a return for Sage back to their prior policy of releasing product updates that incorporated both fixes and new functionality.
New features in Sage 100 2016 include:
- Fixed Assets integration is now at framework and can be used with Sage 100 Premium
- Customer Office support for resizing of user-defined panels
- Sage Payment Solutions now gets a tab on the Sage 100 dashboard with the new Sage Payment Center which allows customers to view credit card transaction details without jumping out of Sage 100 to a separate site.
- Customers may now apply for a Sage Payments credit card account within Sage 100 and receive a faster decision on acceptance. A new visual process flow has been added to aid users in establishing credit card processing functionality.
- Note: By default the ability to apply for a credit card merchant account will be enabled for all users. You should turn this off for everyone except those who you wish to be able to apply for such an account.