When printing through Windows 10 you may notice that the Windows default printer keeps changing to the last printer used by Sage 100.
This is due to the way Windows 10 manages default printers.
In previous versions of Windows your default printer never changed and if you were needing to use a different printer in a new location for a short period of time it always meant re-selecting it for each print job.
Now, in the November Update for Windows 10, you can allow Windows to manage your default printer so that the last printer you used will come up as your default for printing jobs.
In order to stop this behavior, follow these steps:
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Click Settings
- Click Devices & Printers
- Scroll down past the list of printers and devices.
- Change Let Windows manager my default printer to Off
- Right-click the appropriate printer and select Set as default printer
- Verify that the default setting does not change when printing to another printer