Here’s an interesting question that recently was asked by one of my 90 Minds Consulting Group colleagues:
Problem / Description:
Has anyone successfully installed Sage 100 Advanced over the top of Sage 100 Standard version 2013? We have Sage 100 2013 Standard installed – need to upgrade to Sage 100 Advanced. Tried to install over the top last night and doesn’t seem to recognize that I’m trying to upgrade from standard to advanced, just gives option to repair or add modules. Maybe repair will do the trick but didn’t seem like it so I backed out. I’m hoping to avoid uninstalling Sage 100 standard. Is this the only option because of the “no multiple installs on same server” rule?
According to Sage:
1. Backup the MAS 90 folder somewhere else
2. Uninstall Sage 100 Standard
3. Reboot server
4. Install Sage 100 Advanced
5. Copy the mas90 folder back in, except for the Home and Uninstall folders
6. See followup notes below for additional items noted when this was done in the field
a few things that Sage left out:
1. wksetup folder – some of those files are specific to standard/Advanced, so I copied all of the files over from my backup Advanced folder – I don’t think the folders matter.
2. After dumping the MAS_System folder back over the top from my Standard backup I couldn’t open Advanced because the reg info was bad. So I copied the SY_System file back in from my Advanced backup.