V-Technologies, the creator of the popular Sage 100 ERP Starship Shipping Solution have announced the availability of their Starship Shipping Link 2.0.
Dear Valued Partner:
With all of the news surrounding shipping solutions lately, I just wanted to reach out to provide a quick update on StarShip. The shipping solution you have grown to know and trust continues to provide workflow flexibility with two Sage 100 interfaces. We have recently released a new iteration of the StarShip Link, version 2.0, which works with Sage 100 version 4.5. With StarShip Link 2.0, we added many of the features we built into the BOI interface in Shipping Data Entry so a customer could stay with their current workflow AND still have field customization, etc.
StarShip Link 2.0 will give you all the features of the previous interface PLUS several enhancements:
• Line item integration – retrieves item info to further automate international and LTL shipments
• Field mapping optimization – an easy-to-use interface provides access to modify the default set of field maps and translations
• Access to user-defined fields provide unmatched flexibility for personalizing the interface
• Electronic scale integration allows you to weigh the package while in Shipping Data Entry for more efficient package handling
• Coming Soon – access to the StarShip dashboard from Package Summary Tracking gives you instant access to tracking info across carriers and modes (parcel/LTL)
V-Technologies will continue to support the BOI interface. A few reasons to consider the BOI interface:
• Customer is running versions 4.1 – 4.4 and wishes to have field maps/customizations
• Customer wishes to ship MAS orders outside of Shipping Data Entry (i.e. shipment initiated in StarShip)
• Customer would like to ship against multiple orders (consolidate into 1 shipment)
• Customer requires shipments associated to customers or invoices
I also want to make sure you are aware of our ShipGear product. ShipGear is an industry standard for providing ERP integration for UPS WorldShip and FedEx Ship Manager. We consider ShipGear more of an entry-level solution because it supports the carrier provided software which is single carrier. This is a great option for the customer who ships primarily 1 carrier or may not be quite ready for a full, multi-carrier solution. ShipGear is one of the few software applications available via the UPS Customer Technology Program where UPS will pay for the license! Our Sage 100 interface is a relative new comer to this product so we’re still educating our Sage partners. With that, I invite you to join us for a ShipGear webinar
. We are also hosting weekly StarShip sessions, feel free to join us to learn more about the StarShip Link 2.0.
Director, Sales & Marketing