Sage Software has just announced that version 4.30 of their Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 accounting software is now shipping.
Chief among the enhancements is the inclusion of Paperless Office functionality which drastically cuts down on the amount of paper registers you need to print each time you update a posting register.
The payroll module has been beefed up with new federal and state electronic filing and reporting. Now you can submit W2’s, 1099’s, unemployment, withholding, new-hire and payment voucher information electronically. (Note: The transmission of this data is enabled in version 4.3 but the actual processing may require a subscription fee).
The Business Insights Explorer has been beefed up and now includes 75 pre-designed views to present data from the GL, AP, IM, PO, SO and AR modules.
For a more complete listing of all new features, download the version 4.3 Pre-release guide from the link below:
Link: MAS90 Version 4.3 Feature Sheet
Link: MAS90 and MAS200 Version 4.30 Pre-Release Guide (Detailed!)
Go green with Paperless Office functionality!
* Save paper, toner, and postage costs
* Improve communications by utilizing e-mail and fax capabilities
* Conserve office space otherwise used for storage
* Reduce the time spent finding archived documents
New Federal and State eFiling and Reporting provides customers with over 250 forms, and enables functionality that streamlines reporting on:
* Payment Voucher
Direct Deposit simplifies payroll processing (for an additional fee) and enhances paycheck security!
* Electronically routes to the specified financial institution
* Conforms to NACHA standards
* Provides convenient and secure payroll disbursements to employees
* Employee self-service viewer
With New Business Insights Explorer views and charting functionality your customers can:
* Do inquiries and analyze their business
* Utilize 75 pre-designed views across GL, AP, IM, PO, SO, and AR
* Trend activities and results using new pie, line, bar or area charts
* Distribute meaningful information internally to key personnel and externally to customers and vendors
An improved Business Insights Dashboard provides quick accesses to key information right on your customer’s desktop, without having to wait for a report to be sent to them.
Now with more integration features, purchasing agents using v4.3 Fixed Assets will be able to assign an asset template during Purchase Order Entry for any item bought as a fixed asset. When receiving personnel processes that item, v4.3 automatically creates an asset during Receipt of Goods with Invoice for the new purchases — without making any additional entries.
And that’s not all! We’ve incorporated many customer-requested enhancements. For example:
* Simplify report selection with straightforward terms such as yesterday, today, tomorrow, etc.
* Return to the report selection screen after previewing and printing.
* Reduce the time spent selecting report criteria — view on one screen and utilize smart selection.
* Print standard reports and forms automatically on your default printer, regardless of who saved the report.