At the recently concluded Sage Software Insights 2008 conference in Washington DC, several announcements were made about what was expected for version 4.4 of MAS90 and MAS200.
These features are tentative (meaning until they ship don’t write them in stone). I’ll list the items that were discussed in the session to give you and idea of what may be planned for the 2009 release of Sage MAS 90 and 200.
I did not take away that these were commitments — but rather were things that were in the “thinking” stage:
– Project Accounting: (light) module on framework borrowing core from Job Cost
– Inventory: Detailed sales history for drop ship
– Inventory: Expiration dates on lot/serial
– Inventory: Available to promise
– Inventory: Multi-bin
– Purchase Order: Single step landed cost
– Bank Reconciliation: Electronic bank reconciliation
– Bank Reconciliation: Electronic ACH
I believe these are planned for v4.4 (enhances IM,PO,BM)
– Ability to close PO without having ordered, received,billed all equal
– Prevent edits to closed PO
– Parallel migrations
– Full BIE for IM and PO
– Extended field sizes: IM # and Customer #
– Inventory 30 character expanded field size
– Customer number 20 characters – expansion
Slide showing all products (MAS90, MAS90 Extended Enterprise, MAS200, MAS200 Extended Enterprise) was missing MAS 200 SQL.
MAS 200 running on MYSQL but only at 2 to 5 times SLOWER speed. General query to the audience about whether 2 to 5 times slower would be acceptable was met with snickers.
The above information is preliminary and does NOT represent announced or firm planned features.