If you are experiencing a slowdown in speed – specifically when it comes to converting the IM_LotSerialTransactionHistory.M4T file which may seem to hang or freeze during conversion – you should consider installing this fix.
Sage noticed some users who already had Sage 100 2020 installed and who later updated with product update 1 for Sage 100 2020 were complaining that the update of the underlying inventory data took a long time. In some cases, the process appeared to hang.
The bug appears to have been introduced along with a new feature which offers the ability to trace the usage of a lot/serial item through production.
See a complete list below of the features that Sage 100cloud 2020 Product Update 1 introduced.
What’s New In Sage 100 2020 Product Update 1?
The following changes were made in update 1 for Sage 100 2020 released on 09/17/2020:
*some features are only available if Sage 100 was purchased through a subscription plan
- A Net Balance button has been added to add the undistributed balance to the current line
- Nonemployee Compensation has been added to the Form Type list in Form 1099 Tax Reporting
- Payments Tab Added to Invoice History Inquiry
- AR_OpenInvoicePaymentsToday_ui utility has been added to replace ARWAR4
- ARWAR4 still exists on Sage 100 2020.1, but will no longer exist on Sage 100 2021
- AR_OpenInvoicePaymentsToday_ui can also be run in Task Scheduler *Click here for more information
- Update in Period End Processing
- The posting book check boxes in the Period End Processing window have been replaced by a grid with Book Name and Close Book columns
- The Close Book column contains check boxes that you can select for the books that you want to process for period end
- This change was made to support the additional posting books added in Sage Fixed Assets version 2021
- Ability to Trace Item Use by Lot and Serial Number
- A Where Used button has been added to the Lot/Serial Inquiry window accessed from the Main menu or from Item Maintenance
- Additional changes have been made to the Lot/Serial Inquiry window accessed from the Main menu
- The item code and description now appear on the main window instead of in the list box
- If a lot or serial number has more than one item associated with it, the Item List window automatically opens so that you can select an item
- The item code has also been removed from the Search for Lot/Serial Transactions window
- The Zoom button has been renamed History Inquiry
- When you click the OK button, the information displayed in the window is cleared, and you can select a different lot or serial number
- Customer Recall Report has been added to the Reports menu, and it can be accessed from Lot/Serial Inquiry when the task is accessed from the Main menu
- A Print Where-Used Items check box has been added to the Lot Serial Transaction History Report
- Ability to exclude Tasks and Events from Role and User Reports based on access
- A Filter List button has been added to the Job Log window
- Export Option for Job Log
- The row number from the source file now appears in the Job Log for ASCII & delimited files
- ALE lookups are now used when selecting jobs
- Browse buttons have been added to the Record Detail window
- Ability to use company-specific background colors