If you are using Sage 100cloud payroll version 2.18.5 or earlier you may seen an error message about payroll not being able to contact the tax calculation service.
The full error message is ” The SPA Tax Service could not be reached from Sage 100. The exception was: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. One or more errors occurred.”
To resolve this issue you should do one of two things:
- Upgrade your payroll to 2.19.x which fixes the problem
- Apply the following edit to your payroll 2.18.5 or earlier payroll configuration file
- Make this change on your Sage 100 server
- Browse to the MAS90 directory\Home\Microsoft.net\Sage.Payroll.Tax.Client on the Sage 100cloud server
- Save a copy of Sage.Payroll.Tax.Client.dll.config then edit the contents as below.
Once you make this change you should no longer see an error message related to Sage 100cloud payroll tax computations.
The Sage100cloud 2.19.x payroll upgrade can be installed independently of the full Sage 100cloud accounting system and it is recommended that you keep current on the Sage Payroll instead of manually editing the configuration file.