Sage recently made temporary premium (SQL) upgrade keys available for users moving from Sage 100 Standard or Advanced to Premium.
- Added temporary 180-day no charge Premium Edition Test License
- For use during upgrades to Premium Edition
- Partner must request from Sage Sales Ops (SKU = G9QPREMTRIAL)
- Existing Sage 100 customer must meet all of the following requirements:
- Currently running Standard or Advanced Edition, preparing to upgrade to the Premium Edition, and, be active on Sage 100 Business Care plan
The reason for this temporary Premium registration key is that previously when upgrading to Premium there were certain situations where the prior Sage 100 registration keys would be invalidated before the company was able to fully upgrade to Premium.
This is due to the automatic registration key update built into these versions of Sage 100:
Sage implemented a license key update program starting with Sage 100cloud v 2016 PU 2. There have been reported issues with the service, as it will lock out users if there is anything out of ordinary with keys.
Versions of Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud which auto-update keys:
Note: Versions 5.20.3 (2015.3), 5.20.4 (2015.4), 5.30.1 (2016.1) will have the ability to update the payroll expiration date with the Update button by installing the Hot Fixes based on version KB 83158 ( https://goo.gl/NnlQbY ).
Note: Some third parties such as Job Ops may require a new registration key if the Sage USER KEY (not customer number) changes. The update process does not change customer or serial number but the Sage 100 USER KEY changes.