It’s almost year-end time and as part of the annual planning process please review the current version of your Sage 100 or Sage 100c and make a determination on whether an upgrade is needed.
I’ve compiled a handy color-coded chart to display which versions of Sage 100 or Sage 100c should be upgraded before year-end.
- Marketing Release – This is the marketing version which Sage advertises in their literature
- Internal Release – This is the short version number Sage refers to the release by. It is shown in the help/about screen.
- Product Updates Cease – The date when Sage stops issuing bundles of fixes. After this date, you may receive one-off hotfixes but only at Sage’s discretion.
- Tax Tables End – The last date Sage issues a tax table update or interim download fixes for payroll and accounts payable use. (If you use payroll or issue 1099s this is a VERY important date).
HOW TO TELL WHICH SAGE 100 VERISON YOU USE:
First, look on your Sage 100 system by going to Help – About. This will display your current release of Sage 100.
Second, take your version number and review the chart above. If your version is shown in either orange or red then you should upgrade before year-end.
The two primary reasons we recommend an upgrade:
- Product updates are no longer available for your version
- The payroll tax tables (and resulting year-end interim releases) are no longer available for your version
Please don’t wait until the last month of the year to begin your upgrade. Generally, expect at least a one month lead to schedule and perform a typical upgrade.