Have you ever wanted to edit your historical General Ledger detail transactions. Generally it’s a good idea to make corrections to the detail by posting another general journal entry. However there may be situations where data must be corrected in a way that cannot be accomplished by an adjusting journal entry. For example if you have corrupted data or transactions posted to future periods that you simply want to move to the current date.
The General Ledger Detail Editor for MAS 90 allows the G/L user to:
1. Edit posted General Ledger transactions (in GL_DETAILPOSTING.M4T file). The Account Number, Posting Date, Posting Remark and Posting Amount may be changed for any transaction. If the Posting Date, Account Number, or Posting Amount are modified, appropriate changes are made to
the Chart of Accounts Master File. When the Detail file is changed, the GL Period Summary file is also updated.
2. A unique search capability has been incorporated into the Editor, in order to allow the user to quickly locate posted transactions.
3. Posted transactions may be deleted. Corresponding changes are made to the Chart of Accounts Master File, in order to ensure that the Detail Posting file is always in balance with the Chart of Accounts Master File.
4. New transactions may be added. They are added simultaneously to the appropriate period’s activity in the Chart of Accounts Master File. The Editor does not force a balancing entry to be made, and, for this reason, the Editor must be used with care in order to ensure that the General Ledger is not placed out of balance.
5. The Editor constantly displays a BATCH BALANCE, in order to assist the user in constructing one-sided ledger entries which do not cause an out of balance condition in the General Ledger.
6. All transactions are posted in “real time”. That is, once the changes have been accepted by the user for each transaction, the General Ledger files are updated immediately.
7. Each addition, deletion or transaction edit is written to a special holding file. When the Editor is exited, the user may elect to print the Transaction Edit Listing, or not. The user decides whether to keep or erase this special holding file.
DSD G/L Editor User Manual (pdf)
The cost of this enhancement is $1,750 which includes the first years’ maintenance of $416.67.
This enhancement is on promotion for 15% off through November 15, 2008
For more information – use our contact form below.