The following is the updated pricing for basic maintenance (ongoing technology upgrades) for Sage MAS 90 and 200 accounting software. These amounts represent the suggested list price as charged by Sage Software. They are not discounted and must be paid annually on your maintenance renewal date in order to continue to receive software upgrades and other good and valuable program benefits.
We recommend that you renew your maintenance annually for the following reasons:
- The maintenance is in essence a licensing fee that allows you to purchase new modules and licenses (you’d be surprised how many people find themselves suddenly needing one or both).
- The maintenance gains you entrance to the online Sage knowledgebase where you can look up answers to common error conditions.
- Included in maintenance are any ongoing software upgrades that are issued during the period of time that you are enrolled in the plan.
If You Are Thinking of Dropping Maintenance:
- Remember that there is a 20% penalty plus the collection of all back years in order to come current in the future (so you don’t save any money)
- Ask yourself “What would happen if our MAS 90 crashed and we couldn’t get into the system?” – if the software is mission critical you should be renewing.
- Many companies think that they will never use future upgrades. With the rapid change in operating systems (Vista, Windows 7, etc) – the reality is that you’ll need technology upgrades more than at any time in the past.